Virtual Musical Instrument
1. Create a Virtual Musical Instrument that uses pitch or non-pitched
2. Users can click or press keys on the computer to activate the sounds.
3. Colorful and interesting User Interface that allows the user to
1. Use Variables to allow user to select instrument or timbre/
2. Use costume changes to give feedback to user.
Detailed Instructions for
Instructions for creating a Playback Xylophone
|Dance Animation Project
1. Identify form of "March from Nutcracker" using letters.
2. Create a dance animation with Scratch or Alice that has at
least 2 objects and movement methods for the A and B sections.
3. Import music sound file into scratch and use broadcast
commands to coordinate movement scripts with music.
4. Save your work under "Lastname Dance Teachername."
1. Use at least 4 sprites and movement methods for A,B,C, and D
2. Create changing backgrounds or stages.
Sample Scripts for
Dance Animation Project
1. Must have 2 different dancers that use costume changes to simulate
movement and dancing.
2. Must have music that plays while characters are dancing.
3. Must have a system where the user clicks on a green or red light
sprites to start or stop the music and dancing.
Code samples for Red
1. Use photographs of yourself to create dancing sprite.
2. Add sprites that simulate colored lights changing on the dance floor.
3. Use different stages to change the setting of the dance floor.
Lego NXT Robotics Links
Lego Mindstorms NXT Robotics System and NXT-G Software
Introduction to MINDSTORMS NXT Programming System
2 Types of Turns: Swing and Point Turns in NXT-G
3 Types of Conditional Statements in NXT-G
Drive a Rectangle Instructions
Basic Line Follow Instructions
Sample Robot Projects
Advanced NXT-G Programming Ideas
Making MyBlocks in NXT-G"
Worksheet for Turn Angles
Robot Building Plans
Simple Robot Building Plans: Basic Tri-Bot Version II (Michaud Design)
Basic TriBot Inputs and Outputs:
NXT-G Sample Code:
Forward Back with Loop
Twist with Loop
Arc (Drive in a Circle)