||Parts of the object
Left Front Wheel
Right Front Wheel
Left Back Wheel
Left Right Wheel
Activity #1: Ice and Frogs
1. Open Alice on Your Computer.
2. Click on the Tutorial Tab and do the "Ice Skater" Tutorial1
3. We will now use some pre-defined methods to make a Frog object move in Alice. After completing the Tutorial1, download and save the following linked file to your directory:
4. Our frog has several pre-defined Methods:
5. To make the frog jump foward, drag the "Jump_Forward" method block into the the "world.my first method" pane. Click "Play" to see your frog jump foward.
6. Here is a sample of a short animation showing the Frog jumping in the water. (Use right click and open in a new tab or window.) Note the camera following the frog:
Mr. Michaud's Frog Video
7. Just for fun, here is a more complicated example with multiple objects.
There are two parts to Assignment #1:
Needs Improvement: No Alice file created with Frog movements. No text document with list of methods for Assignment #2
Satisfactory: Alice Frog file created with frog doing sequence of methods. Text document created with list of methods for Assignment #2
Exceeds: Alice Frog file has mutiple new methods and movements. Detailed list of methods in text file for Assignment #2.