Tech Lesson 2: All About Me (3rd, 4th,
Demonstrates understanding of basic technology and telecommunication
Operates Basic technology tools and applications
M5P3: Students will communicate mathematically
M5P5: Students will represent mathematics in multiple ways.
M4P3: Students will communicate mathematically
M4P5: Students will represent mathematics in multiple ways.
M3P3: Students will communicate mathematically
M3P5: Students will represent mathematics in multiple ways.
Students will type in and manipulate text in a text editor.
Students will use spaces, line breaks, and paragraph breaks in the
Spaces: Between Words
Paragraph Breaks: at the ends of paragraphs
Students will Use capitalization and punctuation properly in sentences.
Students will select and insert graphics from the internet to support
Students will cite pictures with a bibliographical comment.
Process: (Student Directions)
1. Have students write 4 facts about themselves in their idea books.
2. Have students start Open Office Text / Microsoft Word
3. Demonstrate following:
Using arrow keys to move around text
4. Students type in the four sentences. Use a Paragraph break
after each sentence.
5. Students save their work in their Folders. "Lastname All About
6. Teacher demonstrates and reviews saving pictures from Internet.
7. Students go to "www.pics4learning.com"
8. Students select 4 images and save them to their Folders
9. Students write down the bibliographical information in their Idea
10. Students insert pictures into their Text Document.
11. Save the text document.
Students will have created a Text document with 4 sentences featuring
proper spacing, punctuation, and line breaks. Students will have
4 pictures with bibliographic information placed in line with their