Nebo Elementary School
Department of Fine Arts
Fine Arts ASP Weekly Schedule
Nebo Music Curriculum Overview
Nebo Fine Arts Technology Curriculum Overview
Nebo Specials Schedule
Nebo Music Calendar
Nebo Fine Arts Home
GIMP Lesson #2: Drawing
We will draw a Flag and then use the Ripple Animation effect to create a .gif file with an animated Flag.
1. Start Gimp (K Menu -> Graphics -> GNU Image Manipulation Program)
2. Create New Document with a 200x150 pixel size:
File -> New
Set Size to 200 by 150 pixels
Click Advanced Options
Select "Fill With" -> Background Color
3. Use the Paintbrush to draw an American Flag
Double Click Color Selector to Change Colors
White is the Lower Right Corner of the Color Selector
4. Make the Ripple Animation
Filters -> Animation -> Rippling
5. To see your animation, select:
Filters -> Animation -> Playback
6. Save your work:
File -> Save
Name your file "Lastname Flag.gif"
Select "Save As Animation"
Select Frame Disposal Option "One frame per layer"
7. Use "Insert -> Picture -> From File" on Open Office to use your Flag in a Presentation Document.
Fine Arts Home