Students will create an Acrostic Poem using a Word Processor.
Students will use Bold, Italic, and Tabs to format their writing.
Students will Paint pictures in KPaint and transfer them to the Word
1. Students write down what they are thankful for as they come
2. Model an acrostic poem on the board demonstrating the format.
G - Giving me healthy food to eat.
R - Reading to me every night.
A - Always loving me.
T - Treating me sweetly.
I - I appreciate you!
T - Taking me on trips.
U - Understanding me when I'm upset.
D - Doing the right things.
E - Excellent parents.
3. Choose a Thanksgiving related word:
4. Students write down the word in their notebooks down the left
5. Students create acrostic poem in their notebooks.
6. Go to computers - Start Open Office
7. Start a blank Word Document: File -> New -> Text
8. Type the poem into the text document. Do not do formatting
until all text is typed in. Press enter after each sentence.
9. Highlight and Bold the letters in the acrostic word.
10. Use colors, Italics to decorate the text.
11. Save the document in your file area as "Lastname Thanksgiving"
File -> Save
Double Click "NeboMusicWork"
Double Click "3rd Grade"
Double Click Your Teacher
Double Click Your Name
Type "Lastname Thanksgiving" in file name
12. Use KPaint to Paint a Thanksgiving picture.
13. Save the picture in your file area as "Lastname Thanks Pic"
14. Go back to your Text Document and use "Insert -> Picture
-> From File" to put your picture into your document. Arrange
and layout. Save and Print.
15. Options: Put a Border around the poem. Use
drawing elements in Word to add graphics.