Tech Lesson 06-3 / Tech Lesson 06-4 /
Tech Lesson 06-5
Note Value Presentation (Quarters,
Eighths, Sixteenths, Halve, Composing Rhythms)
Demonstrates understanding of basic technology and telecommunication
Operates Basic technology tools and applications
CSTA Level I Standard 4: (3rd to 5th) Use general purpose productivity
tools and peripherals to support personal productivity, remediate skill
deficits, and facilitate learning throughout the curriculum.
CSTA Level I Standard 5: (3rd to 5th) Use technology tools for
individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing
activities to create presentations, and publishing activities to create
presentations for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
M3P1. Students will solve problems (using appropriate technology).
M3P3: Students will communicate mathematically
M3P5. Students will represent mathematics in multiple ways.
Students will create a graphic organizer with Presentation software
that illustrates rhythm note values.
Students will label note values with Kodaly' syllables.
Students will illustrate the mathematical relationships between rhythm
note values in terms of fractions.
Students will compose an 8 beat rhythm pattern and use notation
software to play their pattern.
1. Review Note Values: http://nebomusic.net/countingrhythm16.html
2. Chant Woodpecker Song.
3. Demonstrate drawing note values in Presentation.
4. Students Draw following values: Whole, Half, Quarter, Eighth,
Sixteenth (5th Only for 16th)
5. Label Values with English Name, Kodaly Name, and Fraction
6. Create a 2 X 4 table on New Slide
7. Compose 8 beat rhythm and draw on slide. (Teach use of copy
and paste from drawings on 1st page.)
8. Save presentation in file area.
9. Go to: Counting
Music Website (http://www.philtulga.com/counter.html)
10. Enter in Rhythm Pattern and listen with Kodaly and number
4th and 5th Grade
Meets the Standard:
Students create a Presentation that features Whole, Half, Quarter,
Eighth, and Sixteenth notes with names, Kodaly syllables, and fraction
Students create a Presentation with an 8 beat composed pattern.